Sunday 5 October 2014

Dear Best Friend...

This is going to be a sad confession, but I don't think I have a best friend. I have a couple of close friends, but best? I don't know. It's been such a long time since I've had one and since friendships come and go, I don't know what qualifies one.

Of course in school I had plenty of best friends which is a normal part of growing. Anyone you got on with was classified as your best friend but during those 5 years, you start to figure out who your friends are. And even after that? Well, I actually still don't know who my friends are. Going to college and university definitely helped narrowed it down but I feel for the better.

So, to the close friends that I do have, thank you for staying in my life.

I don't feel I have many friends today but I don't think it's also healthy to have about 20 people some class as their "best friend", so I'm glad I'm not in that kind of situation.

Sorry this is a short letter, but I don't have much to say about the topic. To be honest, I'm not fussed about having a best friend, I'm happy with family and just friends for now.

Love Isobel.

P.S Peter, you don't count. Nor do you mum.



No comments:

Post a Comment