Monday 22 June 2015

Why Am I Excusing Myself For Being Slim?

I'm 5ft 3". My waist is 25". I weigh roughly about 8 stone - but I eat so much!

Family, friends and strangers ask/say me:

How are you so skinny?
Where does it all go?
You don't even do any exercise, how are you that shape?
Look how small your jeans are!
I wish I was as skinny as you.
When will you get fat?
IS THAT FOOD ALL FOR YOU?!

And my answer is I don't know. I often feel quite uncomfortable when placed in that position because all eyes are on me and I can feel their question burning through. 

I guess high metabolism? I think I take after my father. Well, that's what my mother said to me anyway. 

I can't really say I'm a growing girl either because I stopped growing at 16. I'm a shortie. 

When I'm in that situation, it makes me feel guilty for being this size so I sometimes try and make the other person feel better by saying I'll get fat one day. 

I need to respond better. I can't say it's my metabolism to them otherwise I will get the evils - even though that's the truth. 

Also, I'm not really fond of the word "skinny" - I feel it has a bad connotation attached to it now because it's used in a negative light, like in the examples above. 

I just want to eat in peace without being questioned as to where it goes. 

Um, the toilet? 


No comments:

Post a Comment