Monday 18 July 2016

Would I Be Friends With Myself?

If I had an exact clone of myself (personality wise), would I be friends with it?

Hell yeah.

To give a brief summary of myself:
  • I am shy
  • Socially awkward - to elaborate, say weird things when I'm nervous or am very quiet bordering on rude or non-existent 
  • I like my own company
  • I am an ambivert, so not totally introverted because I do like people
  • Laid back
  • Procrastinator 
  • I doubt myself (WAY) too much
  • Grumpy
  • I love cartoons and playing games

You get the gist.

It's so hard to find someone who gets you. Who doesn't judge or question the way you are - they just know and appreciate your presence. Finding that kind of understanding and patience is like catching a freaking rare Pokemon. 

When you find someone who is similar to you, there's no effort to the friendship - well, sorta. It's easier. You just click and it's a fantastic feeling. It's usually the feeling of relief because making friends can be hard enough, let alone trying to maintain one.

I often see myself as boring, weird or just too damn quiet and I can see it put people off but that's okay. It's part of my character and I think it would be great to be friends with a clone who accepts that. Plus what I personally find boring or weird within myself may be the total opposite to the other person.

So clone, where you at?!


However I will do a post explaining "No" to this question too, just so I can see two sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment