Tuesday 11 June 2013

Being A Virgin Is Trending.

Being a virgin is now considered the norm. It doesn't have so much of a stigma anymore.

I think being a virgin has a positive image. I lost mine at 16 because I was in a long term relationship with my first love but if I wasn't, I would have waited until I went to university.

In college, I was good friends with this guy and he was still a virgin. The majority of his friends had already spread their wings and were pressuring him into losing it willy-nilly. I didn't like the way they were treating him because he was still 'intact' and so I advised him to wait. I told him to wait until the right person comes along, because you'll never get it back once its gone. Hopefully he's taken my advice and being careful.

Being celibate is not all bad. Many women and men have their reasons - For example, I have some friends who are religious and are remaining celibate/abstinent until marriage. 
There shouldn't be any pressure to lose it. If you're strong, you won't cave in.

Besides, there are advantages to dating or being a virgin:
1) You won't worry about pregnancy.
2) You don't have to worry about STDs or any other kinds of diseases - They're clean.
3) Less chance of getting Cystitis if a virgin - Mainly in girls.
4) Save money on condoms if you don't have sex. 
5) It's nice being new to the whole experience if it happens. 

Like I said, I lost mine at 16 years old. It may seem young but I was ready since I was in a relationship - and it was legal. However, once you have sex, it does take over your life because it's such a new experience and it's fun but the timing was bad for me as I was studying for my GCSEs at the time. 

I don't ever wish I never did it because I chose to do it when I was in love and with a man I wanted to give it to, but I have a little sister so I do worry sometimes that she will lose it at 16 because I found it acceptable that I did. If she does, I hope it is with someone worthwhile. You will always remember your first love. 

In the end, I think that if someone is willing to lose their virginity to you, it shows that they like you, they trust you and believe that it won't be wasted and taken for granted - Hopefully in the end, you won't end up as a total regret for someone. 

Life may not be a fairy tale, but I'm a romantic at heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment