Friday 28 June 2013

The Next Generation.

I'm training to be a journalist and as part of the role, I'd be asking difficult questions and that is a skill. 

However, I have a 12-year-old sister who has a boyfriend in the same year as her and they both share an interest on how the world works like most young people do. Since I spend most of my time with them, I observed their behaviour to see how they approached adults with their curiosity.

They fired away with questions like children do but they often asked the most awkward ones without hesitating. I had to experience this when both my little sister and her boyfriend were intrigued about my ex-boyfriends:


"How did you break up?"
"Why did you break up?"
"Why did you go out with him?"
"Do you wish you never went out with him?"

Oh yes, interrogation from children do keep you on your toes and make you think about your answer because you can't explain it to them the way it's been informed to your friends and it must have a lesson to it all. I found it unusually uncomfortable because I was briefly talking about my serious relationships to a young child who might not understand why things happened.

Children don't think before they speak and they can get away with embarrassing questions simply because of their age and innocence. 

I find their inquisitiveness quite adorable and very funny because children come up with the most random things you would ever hear. 

This is why I think children would be cracking journalists since they have a genuine thirst for knowledge and they are talented at probing people for answers. 

However, it wouldn't be fair on them to land such an enormous job at that age. Children have other issues to attend to such as school crushes and Creeper explosions in Minecraft. 

So, for now, I think I'll let this idea slide. Growing up is inevitable, and they won't be young for long since they sprout up so quickly, so it's nice to let them enjoy being a child while they can.

I guess I've still got my job after all....For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment