Wednesday 18 February 2015

Live In The Moment. Leave The Phone.

Everywhere you look, there is a person on their phone.

I am guilty of this. My mother is even more guilty of this. I have to call her name 20 times over a 10 minute period before I get a response. 

People are not connected to reality. Facebook. Instagram. BBC News. Candy Crush. It seems as though everybody is addicted to their phones. If I ever asked my parents to stay away from their phone for a day, they'll get the shakes. It's funny. 

Phones are brilliant for capturing the moment, but it is also about living in the moment and so far, we miss a lot of what's going on. 

I once left my phone at home by accident and it actually felt liberating. I do recommend it, however, you'll need to wear a watch and come up with another way of people contacting you for the day. 

So why not? Turn your phone off and see what happens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment