Tuesday 24 February 2015

Should You Act Your Age?

I am currently 22-years-old and to be honest, I do not feel it. 

I still feel like a kid: I play games, watch cartoons, loved being fed by family (then again, who doesn't?), and I'm not in the mind set of a person who should be working full-time sometime this year. But how am I supposed to act? I graduate this year and yet, I feel like I'm not ready for anything. I've been in education since I was 4 and I'm supposed to land a job soon after my degree. *sigh* 

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait. It's a new adventure to me but it means that I have to be an "adult". Am I ready to be an adult yet? How do you BE an adult? What if I don't want to be one? Hmm, well I guess there are already aspects that make me one: I buy adult train tickets, family members are getting really old, I have to feed myself, and sort out bills. I don't understand rent and bills still but unfortunately, no going back. 

I sometimes feel small or "unknowledgeable" when I'm around with other "adults" who talk about, let's say, politics, finance or tax. I don't know much about the topics, which is sad because I feel like I should by now. Should we have been taught this at school, college or university? Or should I have taken the initiative and Googled everything? 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHAT DO I DO?!

Hmph. I don't know how I should act or what I should know by this age. I look at people and think, "How did you go from laughing at poop to running the country?" But then I see plenty of other people who haven't grown up, so it makes me feel okay. Maybe we never grow up. I'm cool with that, as long as I have common sense (and money, job, love, family, Disney and video games). I will never do some things the "adult" way. AND NO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AFTER UNI STILL! Leave meeeeeeee.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment