Saturday 9 March 2013

Better Late Than Never.

I wrote a poem about my love and I was meant to upload it on Valentine's Day, but I became unwell that evening and then forgot about it, so here it is:

From the moment we met,
I knew we were meant to be.
Because for the first time in a while,
I could finally see,
That beauty within our love,
Feels just like a dream.

When we spoke in the park,
It was pretty dark.
They say love is blind,
But you are truly a find.
You told me a funny joke,
About a centipede and a bloke.
Although it was bloody long,
We exchanged loving looks throughout, 
And I thought 'Ding Dong'.

When we arrived at the pizza place,
You thought I said something wrong,
So you cheekily corrected me in front of my face,
I saw your challenge but I also was headstrong,
I knew what I said, and gave you a bit of a scold.
You thought I was in denial,
But you also didn't like what you were being told.
We bickered back and forth,
I think we were both being juvenile.
Our friendship became cement,
Through our first argument.

I next saw you at a club party,
You looked so handsome,
While I thought I looked tarty.
I asked to you to come and dance,
And you obliged.
Love gave me another chance,
Which is why we had collide.
When we finally had our first kiss,
There was chemistry between us,
That I couldn't dismiss.

When I came home,
You had been waiting for me.
I called you down not knowing the outcome,
But it turns out it was meant to be.
We sat in the common room,
I could sense your awkwardness,
I didn't want our time together to feel like gloom,
So I decided to show my assertiveness.
You were making me feel uncomfortable,
Even though I knew you were nervous,
I'm fairly approachable,
So there was no need to be self-conscious.
We ended the evening with a good night kiss,
And a hug.
I knew what we had started was bliss,
But was worried about being called a mug.

When we had become an item,
I was having problems with an ex of mine.
He had found out about us then,
But I had hoped that the issue would subside in time.
Things got messy,
And you had to be involved.
Being together had caused controversy,
But as time went on the situation had subdued.

We have been dating for five months now,
Wow, hasn't it flown by?
I can't imagine my life without you somehow,
And I know the reason why.
You make me laugh,
And then you make me cry,
Simply because you're quite daft.
You're protective,
And very smart,
A quality like that is attractive,
Your wittiness hit me like a dart.
You're pretty,
And you're very sweet,
I'm so happy I was given this opportunity.

I know this poem is very cheesy,
But I cannot hide that,
There isn't anywhere else I'd rather be.
Than to be by your side.

Love from BearBear x

No comments:

Post a Comment