Monday 3 August 2015

Silence Is Bliss.

I think I'm an introvert. I like my peace, I have no issue being alone and I like silence - it helps clear the mind and makes you think.

According to some extroverts I know, they need to be in the room full of people to get their energy and constantly talking. 

I'm the opposite. I like mingling with people but after a while, I prefer to sit in a quiet(er) room and eat the party snacks. I think I also prefer listening to people talking than doing the actual talking - I like trying to figure out what kind of person they are. Plus, I get my energy from being on my own - a good thing about this is that I wouldn't need to rely on people.

Here's a list of things introverts do (well, what I do):

  • I get happy when plans are cancelled. YAY! Stay in pyjama day!
  • I like doing nothing.
  • Happy not talking to anyone all day.
  • Get really excited when the house is empty.
  • I like doing things by myself e.g. shopping, walking around town, walking to class, going to a coffee shop, having dinner by yourself.
  • Having a big imagination.
  • Being quiet - then people think you're either sad or dead.
  • Happy not leaving the house for days.
Sometimes I don't want to talk to certain people because maybe they don't interest me. Sometimes they talk poop and I like to shut my ears away. 

There are so many rules to social etiquette and there will always be someone who thinks you haven't got any because they think you're being rude. But in reality, you're just shy or awkward.

"When in doubt, don't go out."




No comments:

Post a Comment