Wednesday 20 February 2013

So, We Meet Again.

Dear Residents,

Following on going noise incidents and complaints involving this kitchen all residents all required to attend a group kitchen meeting so this can be resolved.

The following issues will be addressed:




  • Noise
  • Inappropriate complaints i.e. times
  • Non kitchen members using the kitchen
  • Forms of potential bullying behaviour
  • Fire exits being left open

Should you be unable to attend due to study commitments only then please let me know otherwise formal action will be taken.

So guys, remember my blog "Halls From Hell."?

Well, things escalated after I wrote that as we received this email and we all had a meeting with the manager.

This is what it came to. I want to say it was civil between kitchen members but after looking back on it, there were some things said that weren't very nice.

Some people showed their true colours and their intentions. It annoyed me how inconsiderate and selfish they were. I'm a very understanding person, I see both sides but both were as bad as each other.

Witnessing what I did was like when I did Jury Duty back in March 2012. I witnessed a murder case. In front of me, the defendant kept on changing or adding elements to the trial. I kept wondering: Why didn't he say what he just said back then? Why change the storyline now? I thought the same when I heard flatmates agree/deny something or assume a person is at fault.

I don't know who tells the truth anymore. I was disappointed.

We're girls going into our 20s. Perhaps I'm the old sod with the cup of tea but I know what's fun and like I said, I'm very understanding but there's a boundary I think.

I know I said in the previous blog that we're at university and people shouldn't complain but respect is important and people don't learn until it hits them hard.
I don't complain because back at home, I live in a high street, above a takeaway and I come from a loud Chinese family. Noise everywhere! I've probably gone deaf.

The duelling was all about having one-upmanship. I knew better. I kept my lips shut.
The manager said to one of the girls to bite their tongue during situations if they want to say something inappropriate. Another girl asked why the others couldn't just get earplugs and why they couldn't party all night, and she said it in such an uncaring way that it made me annoyed. Yes, we all pay over £4000 to be here, so we should be entitled to fun but the other people should be entitled to sleep. That was one point made during our gathering. We're here at university to learn. The manager told her that what she said was unreasonable and I silenty agreed. It was being inconsiderate. it just upset me how people just change or show what they're truly like. They're not who you thought they were.

My mother taught me to think before I speak and I saw a lack of it during the meeting.
Maybe I've been naive. I see everyone in a good light. Most of these girls have good hearts, I know they don't mean it, but if I sense a bad nut, I'll keep my guard up.

They're young afterall, but I think this meeting did no good. It was all talk, no action. Once action is made, then hopefully they'll learn. Like a light smack on a toddlers bottom to teach it a lesson. These girls can't keep behaving the way they do.

I've already seen a murder case, I don't want to see another bloody meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment