Friday 18 January 2013

A Leopard Never Changes Its Spots.

Remember the blog "Their love didn't deserve her heart"? This is part 2.

Their love has resurrected from the undead. No soul. No heart. No morals.

He is a parasite. It takes over the host and manipulates it. 
 
She does social work you see. Maybe she sees him as a disadvantaged human being and wants to help him. Change his ways. Make him better. But he's already damaged goods. 

How did I feel when I found out over New Year? Disappointed. It would be like me dating Steven again. I think I would get a slap from each person that had seen how unhappy I was with him. I don't know what is going through her mind. I was shocked at the thought of her putting up with the emotional abuse again.

However, I'm not sure about him anymore. I'm not sure about Amy either.
She seems different since we've all come back to university after Christmas break.
Quiet is one way to describe it. I don't know what happened over the holidays but something inside her has changed. She's shut down.

I learnt from a friend that she has told another friend, stating that 'she can date whoever she wants' and 'it has nothing to do with us'. Fair point. She can date whoever, regardless of what they look or smell like, but when she comes running down the corridor to someone elses bedroom, crying her eyes out because her beloved boyfriend has done something silly again. Then it is our problem. We live with her. We care for her. Of course we'd worry about who she dates. It's our problem because she's our friend and we have to take care of her when she's feeling rough.

Now, I don't know whether those were her words or her boyfriends. If her boyfriends, then it sounds like he is trying to alienate her from the rest of us. She doesn't come out of her room anymore or eat in the kitchen with me. If it is hers, then, well, all those times that we've defending her and convincing her that all these faults were not caused by her, have been wasted. I don't know whether our opinions matter anymore.

She has become a bit of a recluse, but we will always be there for her if she ever comes running in our direction again. If she is happy with him again then we're happy that she is. I just hope she knows that we will support her whatever she does.

However, a leopard never changes its spots and I will definitely be there for her.
 

1 comment:

  1. Girls in these kinds of relationships usually end up losing a lot of friends. It's wonderful that you are sticking by her, make sure that she knows a hundred per cent that's the case. It sucks, because you'll want to try and save her from him, but you have to treat it like her relationship is nothing to do with you, otherwise she will just get defensive and not talk to you about anything. You're doing a good thing by supporting her though. xxxx

    ReplyDelete