Saturday 5 January 2013

"I've Been To Paradise But I've Never Been To Me"

A new chapter begins.

My faith in love has been restored because of Peter. The man I fell in love with.

I always thought in my head that couples were together due to compatibility. Always thought that soul mates and finding "The One" were only fictional and only in fairytales.

I found my fairytale. He may be no Prince Charming, but he's my Shrek.

Shrek and Fiona. Beautifully green.
Actually, he was wearing green when we first kissed so a very, very lucky colour

I was in Southampton and I met Peter (just as friends) on my floors common room in September 2012.
I had just come out of a relationship from Steven. My eyes were sore. Puffy, in fact. I knew this would happen and yet I let the river flow.
Luckily, I had make-up in my bathroom and concealed the fudge out of my face.

In the common room, my flatmates were playing Spin The Bottle - you know the rules: bottle spins twice and voila! A kiss must appear! In my head, I thought timing couldn't have been better. I was nervous since I hadn't kissed anyone else but the ex-boyfriend for a year and a half and I couldn't wait to enjoy being single.

The bottle span. Boys and girls kissed. Even boys on boys. That's just poor spinning. When it came to my turn, my bottle kept on pointing to Peter. Yeah, we kissed. I was happy.
We went for pizza afterwards and we just talked whilst walking through the park. It was romantic in my eyes. I felt something between us.

I didn't see him again until the Traffic Light Party (It is a colour coded party where they give out wristbands with 3 diff colours: Red = taken, Amber = Seeing someone but not serious, Green = Single!). We both wore green wristbands. We were on the dancefloor. I put my arms around him. Look him in the eyes.... and looked down. Damn, was I nervous. I liked him so much by then. Didn't mean to though but I was ready for him. Maybe my heart had been ready for a long time, which makes me feel bad and guilty about Steven.

Anyways, I eventually kissed Peter. When I looked up, of course. I couldn't stare at the floor forever. The floor was mighty disgusting. Spilt drinks, paper bands, girls wearing ugly shoes. Ew. His pretty face was much nicer. From that night on, we were officially a couple.

Nah, I'm kidding, we weren't one yet. I didn't want one yet because I just come out of a relationship and I didn't want to jump into another one. I knew people would react badly and society would probably cast me away as 'one of the those girls'. But in my heart, I was ready for him. It felt so right being with him. Perhaps, in a way, I wanted to be single so badly in my previous relationship but wanted to be with that person that I acted too independent and single. Minus the cheating.

He'd ask from time to time, what we were. My reply was that we were 'friends who kissed'. Lame I know but it was the only thing I came up with. It was heartbreaking for me to say it. I wanted to say that we were a couple and be all lovey dovey, but love isn't like that. Peter knew what he wanted. I felt his heart drop everytime I couldn't think of an answer everytime he asked that.

By the second week, I had already fallen in love. I remember watching Disney's Tangled in my room, while Peter was getting ready to go out to Oceana. I was in my PJs. He came into room, looking handsome as always. I gaze up at him in awe. I wanted to be with him. For good. He saw the look I was giving him. He asked me again what my answer was. The night before, he had asked me to be his girlfriend, but I said I would think about it. Again, I said the same thing. When he left, I knew what was my answer was. I just waited for him to come back. Like he had been waiting for me.

I said yes, and here we are. Happy and meant to be. I never thought I would find my soulmate so early, but you never know what might come your way.

How do I know we're meant to be? My heart feels content. Your instinct tells you. You'll know when it's right and I have that feeling. My mother always emphasises that you will have that feeling and so when I told her, she wasn't surprised. She found her soulmate at the age of 17 and look at my mother and father now. Two peas in a pod.

Some family members think I am too young and I understand what they are saying, but I'm not looking down to settling down yet. Education is first. Job, house, travel the world, etc etc and THEN a family. Me and Peter both feel its right.

When I have relationships and get into a bickering situation, I always have doubts about that person and why I was with them.
With Peter, we bicker and thats it. I don't think 'why on earth I'm with him?'. I just think he's a massive silly billy. BIG TIME.

Of course, we have annoying habits. I fart a lot and he leaves my towels strung along my bedroom at uni. Oh yeah and eats my food and drinks my tea when he has his own fudging grub upstairs! Grr!

"IZZY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD!"

But I love him. He's doing a comedy writing course here at solent. I don't need him to tell me a joke, to be honest. He's got dyspraxia you see. I see him fall off the bed and I'm in tears. And I don't even help him up. HA! Oh my god, I'm a bad girlfriend, but I wouldn't change him. Or his size 13 feet.

I am his Bearface and he's my Tank.

I love you Mr. Davies. Love of my life.

Ps. I will make you a sandwich when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment